The EEF, the industry body for manufacturing and engineering is running a series of day-long seminars for its members. The agenda is one which other sectors would do well to follow:
- Understand the new provisions on gender pay reporting– learn what you need to do, when, and how best to do it
- Consider any unintended consequences of gender pay reporting and how to address them
- Share ‘typical’ pay gap figures with your peers
- Recognise why gender pay is not the same as equal pay
- Learn about the rise of equal pay claims in the private sector
- Understand how the law on equal pay works in practice
- Think about your exposure to an equal pay claim in your business and consider what steps you can take to reduce that risk
- Explore the bigger picture –understanding the STEM challenge. What actions have been shown to work at improving gender equality in a modern manufacturing and engineering workplace?
- Hear from a member of the EEF Women in Manufacturing Group and from an EEF member company about their experience of investigating and tackling gender issues.
You can find out more here