The Treasury Committee has published a unanimously-agreed report calling for the reform of bonus negotiations and promotion of flexible working to abolish 'alpha-male' culture in finance and encourage the progression of women to senior levels.
The Committee’s key recommendations are:
- Assess bonuses against clear criteria to abolish 'alpha-male' culture
- Remove stigma of flexible working by senior men leading by example
- Encourage firms to publish strategies for closing gender pay gaps
- Partners and subsidiaries should not be exempt from gender pay gap reporting
- Firms should re-examine recruitment and promotion policies to eliminate unconscious bias, which will avoid potential applicants being deterred and avoid groupthink
You can find the report and a summary here.